Burning Man Teardrop Camp Setup

The Sunflower is heading out to Burning Man this week for her 6th year out on the Playa. There will be several teardrop campers out there this year including my friends from Trailer Trash Camp. I wrote a post last year about how to bring your teardrop trailer out to the desert event.


This took a while, but we finally got a video of us setting up our camp for Burning Man 2012. Our teardrop friends, the Stargazers, joined us and we took a timelapse of what it's like to set up camp at Burning Man. Our camp configuration changes every year, but that year it was nice to have two "bedroom" teardrop trailers and a central living room and lounging area.

6 comments:

  1. Great video. Great teamwork.
    How do you keep mostly the stove and propane tank from trying to come through the hatch when traveling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. Our stove fits snuggly under the shelf in the galley and I put non-skid, coffee cup coasters under the stove so it doesn't slide. The propane tank is wedged in really tightly under the galley countertop next to our water container and food box. There is no wiggle room under there so everything stays nice and tight while en route.

      Delete
  2. What great teamwork! It would be nice to have all of that help when setting up. Have fun at Burning Man. My niece enjoys working there every year. I told her to look for your little ray of yellow sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Stargazers are logistics experts! What does your niece do out there? The BM workers kick butt and have to deal with very adverse conditions. I will bring them some sunshine and maybe some bacon too. :-)

      Delete
  3. You are too kind. I'm afraid I don't know where she'll be helping out this year. More bacon for you, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to go to Burning Man. One day!

    ReplyDelete